Wednesday 28 September 2016

Hey there Ria! #reusewithkrafttime Day 27

Hello there!
I am trying a new medium today, Canvases!!! I have never tried my hand on one and wanted to start small. So I got this tiny canvas from Itsy Bitsy. Here it is first for you!



I gave it a wash of Camlin texture white and added a blue background for the work area.
Next I stamped ria from the Mudra stamp set and colored her hair using acrylics. I highlighted her dress using fine outliners. This gives so much dimension to the dress folds and stands out int he small canvas. I gave a light yellow coloring to the dress and added a flower to her hair :)

I wanted it to have more texture and also have a beachy, Hawaii offbeat look. So, I added rice husks to the border. I feel this gives it so much refreshing look.

Let me know what you think about this guys!

Linking this to


 I am having a month long "Use up your stash " challenge running on my blog. Check out the details here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking your time out to share your love! It helps so much for a beginner like me to get some feedback!! Please do link up your blog in the comments, I will love to drop by in
xoxoxo
Uma Iyer

Featured post

More than words - A Keepsake Pregnancy Journal

Hey there fellas! I know it has been a crazy long time since I wrote a post! Let me try to be more regular from here on :) One of the mo...