Wednesday 23 March 2016

Watercolored Flower using Distress Inks

Hi crafty friends!
I have been wanting to try watercoloring using distress inks for some time now and finally got around to doing it. I am sharing a loose watercolor painting using Mini DI kit #1
Watercolored flower using Distress Inks [Kit #1]


First I sketched a hibiscus flower roughly and started layering colors. I have used spiced marmalade, mustard seed and picked raspberry for the flower and a combination of mustard seed and peacock feathers for the leaves and stems.
Then once I was happy with the basic coloring added some definitions to the outlines and strokes using some watercolor pencils.

I fuzzy cut the image and mounted it onto another CS and then layered it onto another panel.[Not visible in the pic though]

Let me know how it is guys!!

Linking it to below:



Happy painting guys!!!!
Uma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking your time out to share your love! It helps so much for a beginner like me to get some feedback!! Please do link up your blog in the comments, I will love to drop by in
xoxoxo
Uma Iyer

Featured post

More than words - A Keepsake Pregnancy Journal

Hey there fellas! I know it has been a crazy long time since I wrote a post! Let me try to be more regular from here on :) One of the mo...