Sunday 16 June 2013

Felt flowers :)

Hi all :)

I was trying to clean out my crafty items junk and found some felt cloth in beautiful pink yellow and blue shades which had been lying dormant for more than a year i believe. So i goggled for some crafty projects and came across a paper flower version of this type of flower.

I was not sure how i would make this cloth stick as i did not have anything but Fevicol. So first i went about cutting the basic shapes that i needed.






Once that was done. I made 2 quilled flowers that are the centerpieces int he flowers. I stitched them so that they wouldn't come off.

Next I added the base layer of folded petals and then an inner layer and on top added the quilled flowers and stitched them thoroughly....

Such simple technique yet so beautiful

Hope you like the pics :) :)





Happy crafting :)


4 comments:

  1. Wow Uma !The flowers are very beautiful,loved the idea of using quilled center .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your wonderful comments and continuous encouragement :)
      Uma

      Delete
  2. The flowers are so beautiful & naturalistic.:)
    One real fact is these flowers won't get dry :P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks karthik.... sad u weren't there when i was making these at your house sundaY :p

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking your time out to share your love! It helps so much for a beginner like me to get some feedback!! Please do link up your blog in the comments, I will love to drop by in
xoxoxo
Uma Iyer

Featured post

More than words - A Keepsake Pregnancy Journal

Hey there fellas! I know it has been a crazy long time since I wrote a post! Let me try to be more regular from here on :) One of the mo...